DCG welcomes you on December 4th to an open seminar entitled "How can we bridge the gap between emergency food aid and long term food security programs?". The seminar will feature the following presentations followed by an open discussion and debate:
- “The Ecofarm – an approach to agricultural development in drylands” by Dr. Jens Aune from Noragric.
- “Global Food Commodity Price Impacts on Household Food Security and the Role of Cash/Voucher Transfers in Africa” by Dr. John Magistro from the University of Arizona
- “The recent food price crisis – losers and winners and ways out” by Professor Ruth Haug from UMB/Noragric
- “The Food Security program of Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) in Southern Sudan” by Ezana Kassa Getahun from NPA Southern Sudan
- “CARE’s White Paper on food aid policy and recent developments” by Miles Murray from CARE
The seminar will take place at Miljøhuset (6th floor), Grensen 9B in the centre of Oslo from 9am to 4pm.
The seminar will be held in English and lunch will be served. If you are interested in attending our seminar, please inform Astrid Tveteraas by November 27th: dcg at drylands-group.org, tel.: 23 10 94 90.
For more information on the seminar, please read the invitation.